NW Natural is looking for homes to weatherize.
The NW Natural Affordable Energy Efficiency program pays generous incentives on attic, floor and/or wall insulation; air sealing; duct sealing; duct insulation; new, high-efficiency gas furnaces; existing gas furnace tune-ups; etc. Some details include:
• This program is designed to serve customers who make too much to be considered low income but not enough to actually afford to weatherize their home.
• We work with a few select contractors. Call 1-866-513-8274 for a free, no-obligation conversation with a program representative today.
• Customers sign a Self Certification of Income agreement with NW Natural. The contractors will not ask for proof of income or how much customers make. They are there to collect the paperwork, provide a no cost no-obligation bid, help people understand how the program works, and perform the work if the customer decides to have some or all of it done.
• Residents must meet household income requirements—net income at or below 92% of Oregon Median Income (taxable income, not gross).
• NW Natural customers have been contributing to the funding for this program through their bill—we encourage customers to take advantage of it!
• The incentives are instant—they are subtracted from the invoice amount and we pay the contractors those incentive amounts directly.
• At the end of the project, the home must be heated with NW Natural gas; fuel switching is fine.
• We serve multi-family and single family residences. Plus landlords can participate, based on the combined taxable household income of their tenants. Landlords can then submit these weatherization expenses for Oregon Business Energy Tax Credits: http://www.oregon.gov/ENERGY/CONS/BUS/bushome.shtml
• Here we are on the NW Natural web site. https://www.nwnatural.com/conserve
Measures and incentive amounts include:
- Ceiling, Wall and/or Floor Insulation ($550 each measure)
- Duct Insulation/Wrap (ducts must be sealed to qualify) ($350)
- Duct Sealing ($400)
- House Sealing ($350)
- Gas Furnace ($550)
- Furnace Tune up ($75)
- Direct Vent Space Heater ($500)
- Water Heater ($150)
- Water Pipe Insulation/Wrap ($50)
# of people
You are eligible if your household taxable income (see line 22 on IRS 1040 form) is less than this amount— 92% of Oregon median income:
Ea add’l member
Contributed via email.