Englewood Elementary School opened on September 27, 1910 at a cost of $15,772.

In the opening fall, only ten children lived within Englewood’s boundaries, but the school drew in children from other schools in the area.

The building was added to and remodeled several times: In 1923, the South wing added a cafeteria and an auditorium; In 1950, the North wing provided six additional classrooms; in 1972, the gym was added; and in 1977 a covered play shed was constructed.

Source: Salem Public Library history