This 7-acre park offers many features including a multi-purpose court for a game of basketball or tennis or an enjoyable place to relax. The park is lighted and there is plenty of room to run and play. Englewood Park also features playground equipment, a horseshoe court, benches and picnic tables, and a summer splash fountain.

In 1926, the City purchased seven acres of land with over 350 conifer and deciduous trees located on the site in the center of a residential district abutting Englewood School for $6,000. It was the first land purchase made by the City for park and recreation purposes.

Early development of the park included a tennis court, picnic areas and a pathway through the park. The tennis court was recently resurfaced, and a fence and basketball backstop installed for multiple use.

School District 24J constructed a multi-purpose room adjacent to the school in 1972. The City cooperated by deeding .21 acres of park land and contributing $7,000 toward construction costs. The city schedules program activities in the multi-purpose room year-round when not in use by the school.

Source: City of Salem Parks