parrish-pioneersParrish Middle School was built on “Parrish Grove”, land previously owned by pioneer Josiah L. Parrish. Reverend Parrish was a missionary who was a circuit riding preacher in the Willamette Valley and chaplain at the state prison. He died in 1895 and is buried in Jason Lee Cemetery.

When Parrish Junior High School opened on September 29, 1924 there were 793 students in grades seven through nine. In 1979 the school became Parrish Middle School. In the late 1990′s, the building was completely remodeled and updated.

Source: Salem Public Library history